Employment at FIS
FIS is a growing company and we are looking for talented individuals to help us continue our growth. If you work in the fiber optics industry and want to be a part of a leading fiber optics manufacturer and distributor, FIS could be the right choice for you. Our company offers a stimulating, challenging and rewarding career to sales people, technicians and other individuals who are knowledgeable, energetic and focused on success. If you think you may like to join our team, please fill out the form on the right and we will reply back to you.
Fiber Instrument Sales, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
Fiber Instrument Sales, Inc., Oriskany, N.Y., a leading distributor and manufacturer of hundreds of fiber optic products, is seeking a Software Manager. FIS’s IT department also services the needs of seven other companies that are part of Giotto Enterprises.
Responsibilities include: The administration and maintenance of the company’s IT infrastructure, including directing the IT department’s staff. The successful candidate must have expert knowledge of certain programming languages; understand ERP systems, preferably Microsoft Dynamics AX, as well as database management and the structure of related systems. In addition, the candidate must have proficiency in client server and internet system architectures and understand the building and maintaining of websites. Other critical duties include: management of telephone systems, internal systems, and the help desk. Other primary tasks include maintenance of the company’s computer stations and software for company training programs.
In addition to the aforementioned technical skills and capabilities, the successful candidate will possess the following:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong financial, analytical and problem-solving skills.
The ability to:
- Engage with leadership in all functional areas, driving integrated IT planning throughout the business.
- Communicate professionally to executive leadership to assist in long-range planning and execution of company-wide goals as they relate to IT.
- Manage and motivate staff members.
- Plan and execute effective strategies that will lead to measurable business growth.
- Evolve with a rapidly changing environment and anticipate changes in technology.
- Summarize and present findings and explain challenges to senior management.
- Negotiate with business associates.
• Ability to prioritize and multitask in a fast paced sales environment
• 3 separate open positions
• Need technical interest and must be goal driven
• Great phone and interpersonal skills
• 4 year Degree or prior sales experience preferred
Business Development Manager
• Requires general industrial business experience
• Promote new products/features
• Manage and motivate people
Customer Service Associates:
• Computer skills including Excel and Word
• Ability to prioritize duties in a fast paced environment
• Proficient in data entry