Employment at FIS
FIS is a growing company and we are looking for talented individuals to help us continue our growth. If you work in the fiber optics industry and want to be a part of a leading fiber optics manufacturer and distributor, FIS could be the right choice for you. Our company offers a stimulating, challenging and rewarding career to sales people, technicians and other individuals who are knowledgeable, energetic and focused on success. If you think you may like to join our team, please fill out the form on the right and we will reply back to you.
Fiber Instrument Sales, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please download the Job Applicant Form, fill it out and attach it to the form at the bottom of the page.
Fiber Instrument Sales, Inc., Oriskany, N.Y., a leading distributor and manufacturer of hundreds of fiber optic products, is seeking a Software Manager. FIS’s IT department also services the needs of seven other companies that are part of Giotto Enterprises.
Responsibilities include: The administration and maintenance of the company’s IT infrastructure, including directing the IT department’s staff. The successful candidate must have expert knowledge of certain programming languages; understand ERP systems, preferably Microsoft Dynamics AX, as well as database management and the structure of related systems. In addition, the candidate must have proficiency in client server and internet system architectures and understand the building and maintaining of websites. Other critical duties include: management of telephone systems, internal systems, and the help desk. Other primary tasks include maintenance of the company’s computer stations and software for company training programs.
In addition to the aforementioned technical skills and capabilities, the successful candidate will possess the following:
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Strong financial, analytical and problem-solving skills
The ability to:
• Engage with leadership in all functional areas, driving integrated IT planning throughout the business
• Communicate professionally to executive leadership to assist in long-range planning and execution of company-wide goals as they relate to IT
• Manage and motivate staff members
• Plan and execute effective strategies that will lead to measurable business growth
• Evolve with a rapidly changing environment and anticipate changes in technology
• Summarize and present findings and explain challenges to senior management
• Negotiate with business associates
• Ability to prioritize and multitask in a fast paced sales environment
• 3 separate open positions
• Need technical interest and must be goal driven
• Great phone and interpersonal skills
• 4 year Degree or prior sales experience preferred
Customer Service Associates:
• Computer skills including Excel and Word
• Ability to prioritize duties in a fast paced environment
• Proficient in data entry
Machine Shop / Mold Maintenance Generalist
Must perform light machining duties in machine shop. This includes running CNC milling machines, CNC lathes, manual milling machines, manual lathes, drill presses, grinders, other miscellaneous hand tools. Measuring and print reading is required. Disassembly/re-assembly of injection molding molds. Cleaning of injection molding molds. Must be willing to work moderate overtime as necessary.
High School diploma or GED minimum. Mechanical technical classes a plus. Must be able to read, write, and perform general math skills. Will train on specific items as required.
Machine shop/tool room experience a plus. Manufacturing experience a plus.
Light Duty, Hands-On Assembly Work. Full Training Provided Full Benefits Available Production Bonus after probationary period.
High School Diploma or Equivalent.
Mold Technician must be able to install/remove molds, must be able to troubleshoot,and fix any issues, must be able to process. Candidate must have own tools, and also be clean and organized.
Must have at least 5 years experience.
Maintain control of inventory through good practices of receiving, storage and disbursement. Use efficient storage and handling methods, with timely distribution to avoid delays and interruption of customer services. Assist screen printing and embroidery department in completing orders. Perform basic customer service duties when needed. Maintain a clean work environment.
High School or GED. Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office Software.
Previous warehouse and customer service experience. Knowledge of screen printing a plus.
Metal Bending Machine Operator
Employee will perform all necessary tasks and duties to fabricate metal enclosure components as necessary.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Understand and cooperate with all safety procedures as directed. This includes utilizing all personal protective equipment as necessary.
• Receive and interpret orders from supervision.
• Set-Up appropriate equipment for assigned operation:
MINOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• General Housekeeping
• Employee is responsible for cleaning their specific work area that day. This includes sweeping, dusting, trash removal, waste removal, and general maintenance as required.
• Employee will be responsible as directed to do daily, weekly, and monthly preventative maintenance as directed by supervision.
• Any other task as required by management
• Employee is responsible to abide by and follow the provided employee handbook and company rules and regulations as necessary.
High School Diploma or GED preferred
Sheet Metal Fabrication, powder coating, or manufacturing assembly experience a plus. No experience required.